ShowMyDesktop3 Windows Installation
ShowMyDesktop3 is our newest version of ShowMyDesktop. This article will explain how to get this feature installed and working on your Windows computer. Click here for the Mac article.
For a direct link you can send to others, copy this link - http://mm3.videoconferencinginfo.com/utilities/vci/SMD3_Windows.exe
Installing from the Host Page
- Log into your account as the Host.
- Click on the Options Menu in the top left and then click on Utilities.
- Click on ShowMyDesktop v.3 and save the file.
Installing from a Meeting
Click on ShowMyDesktop at the top of the screen, then Download.
- The installer may start automatically.
- If you do not see the installer, double click on the SMD3_Windows installer from wherever you saved it to.
- The screenshot below shows the file being saved to the Desktop.
- You may save files in a different location.
- When the Installer opens, click on Next to start the installation and follow the prompts on your screen.
If at any one point during your installation you're prompted to allow this program to be installed, please follow the prompts on your screen.
- Click Finish when the installation is complete.
- ShowMyDesktop will automatically run. You'll see the icon in Tray or Notification area (bottom right, next to the clock, volume icon, WiFi, etc).
- If you do not see the icon in the tray, scroll to the Troubleshooting section of this article.
- If you hover your mouse over the icon, it'll read, ShowMyDesktop - Idle.
- You are now ready to Join a Meeting and use ShowMyDeskop.
Here are a few steps you can take to get SMD3 running properly on your Windows computer.
My guests see a blank/grey screen when I ShowMyDesktop
- Verify that you have the most recent version of ShowMyDesktop installed.
- Verify you do not have more than one version of ShowMyDesktop installed.
- Check this in the PC's Control Panel.
- Reinstall using this link - http://mm3.videoconferencinginfo.com/utilities/vci/SMD3_Windows.exe
- You may need to restart your PC.
- Upon startup, look for the ShowMyDesktop tray icon.
- If you see it, you are ready to Join a Meeting and try again.
I don't see the Tray icon for ShowMyDesktop
You may have installed ShowMyDesktop in the past, but it is not currently running. To run ShowMyDesktop manually, navigate to the ShowMyDesktop folder within your Program Files. The screenshot below shows Program Files (x86) which is for 64-bit operating systems. If you do not have Program Files (x86) as an option, select Program Files.
I have multiple icons for ShowMyDesktop in my Tray
You may have this issue with older versions of ShowMyDesktop. We encourage you to update ShowMyDesktop using the instructions at the top of this article.